Implants Are the Perfect Solution for Missing Teeth
If you have lost one tooth or several teeth, dental implants provide an exciting solution for replacing those teeth! Implants are comfortable, natural looking, and long lasting. Dr. Sugg and his staff at Green Park Dentistry are trained and experienced in providing quality dental implants for the Hickory community. When cared for properly, dental implants will provide wonderful benefits for the rest of your life.
What Is Involved in a Dental Implant Treatment?
Dental implants are simply replacement teeth that are permanently placed and embedded in your jawbone. The procedure begins with x-rays and impressions of your teeth in order for the doctor to lay out a specific diagnosis and plan for your implants. Your doctor will also diagnose the integrity of the structure of your jawbone. He will use this information to precisely place your implants.
Once the plan is formulated, a titanium rod will be embedded into your jawbone at the location of your missing tooth. A time of healing is allowed for 8-12 weeks in order for the post to become fused to your natural bone structure. Finally, the replacement teeth are attached to the implants and the process is complete.
You will find that your oral health and the natural beauty of your smile will be tremendously improved by the placement of dental implants.
Dental Implants Provide Several Benefits
Of the several options for replacing missing teeth, dental implants provide several clear benefits over the others.
- Implants are permanently placed and will last a lifetime.
- Implants are embedded directly into the jawbone and will help maintain the integrity of your bone structure in the places where you have lost teeth.
- Implants provide additional strength for natural teeth that are nearby.
- Implants look natural and easily blend with your remaining natural teeth.
- Implants provide stable replacements for missing teeth by creating a new root for the replacement tooth with the embedded titanium rod.