Natural teeth that have been damaged by infection, decay, or traumatic injury can often be restored using dental crowns. This treatment is typically used when the tooth is damaged beyond the help that a simple filling will provide. Dr. Sugg regularly makes use of crowns to help restore the beauty and strength of teeth that have been compromised. It is always a desirable objective to save a natural tooth if possible. A crown provides a restoration that will last for years to come.
What Are the Benefits of a Crown?
The benefits of a crown are multiple:
- A cracked or stained tooth can be healed
- Biting and chewing abilities can be restored
- Crowns can offer a foundation for dental bridges
- A beautiful smile can be restored
- A renewed sense of confidence can be gained as you interact daily with others
Dr. Sugg can restore a damaged tooth with a crown in two office visits. During the first visit, he will remove any decay from the tooth and prepare the surface of the affected tooth for the placement of the crown. During the second visit, the permanent crown will be placed and you can begin to enjoy the benefits!